Halloween

Friday night was Island Idol and we dressed up as nerds!  A guy in our semester won, here is his video:  Charlie's Thriller



On Saturday there was another Halloween party at Buddies, as this time I went as Tinkerbell and I gave Jess my coin belt to be a belly dancer!  I did lose my wings by the end of the night though :(


Sunday consisted of studying and cooking.

Monday I was watching hurricane Sandy's path back home.  Hope everyone stayed safe and enjoyed their day off!  Ironic moment:  The New Jersey offices for Ross University have closed because of the hurricane, yet when we have a hurricane here, where all the students are and even more limited resources, there are still classes.  Also, please send some cold weather this way because I think the hurricane has sucked all the wind out of the Caribbean.
On Tuesday, Buffy was anxiously waiting Halloween to bark at the trick-or-treaters and show off her costume.  Thanks for the picture mom!  It definitely made my day from all this studying!  Our schedules came out for next semester as well.  If that doesn't give you motivation to pass, than I don't know what does.


Wednesday we had a large Parasit Exam with 70 parasites, which is so appropriate for Halloween!  Want to suffer with me?  Of course you do!  So:

Cestodes include: Taenia crassiceps, Taenia pisiformis, Taenia taeniaeformis, Diphyllobothrium latum, Spirometra spp, Anoplocephala perfoliata, Anocephala magna, Taenia saginata
Trematoda: Alaria spp, Nanophyetus salmincola, Paragonimus kellicotti, Platynosomum fastosum, Fasiola hepatica, Fasiolides magna
Insecta: Cuterebra spp, Culicidae, Trichodectes canis, Lingognathus setosus, Ctenocephalides felis, Ctenocephalides canis, Reduviida, Cimicidae, Gastrophilus intestinalis, Gasterophilus magna,  Musca autumnalis, Stomoxys calcitrans, Culicoides spp, Tabans spp, Chrysops spp, Musca domestica, Haematobia irritans, Cochliomyia hominivorax, Hypoderma bovis, Hypoderma lineatum
Arachnida: Ixodes spp, Dermacentor spp, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Sarcoptes sabiei, Demodex canis, Cheyletiella yasgiri, Otodectes cynotis, Chorioptes bovis
Protozoa: Giardia intestinalis, Trypanosoma cruzi, Cystoisospora canis, Toxoplasma gondii,Sarcocystis spp, Hepatozoon spp, Babesia spp, Theileria spp
Nematoda: Draschia megastoma, Habronema muscae, Habronema majus, Parascaris equorum, Strongyloides westi, Strongylus vulgaris, Strongylus edentatus, Strongylus equinus, Cyathostomins, Oxyuris equi, Dictycaulus arnfieldi, Setaria equina, Onchocerca cervicalis, Ostertagia ostertagi, Haemonchus placei, Cooperia spp, Oesophagostomum spp, Dictyocaulus vivparus

Now for these that just counted and tried calling me a liar with the number, keep in mind that some of these affect more than one species.  Don't you just wish you were taking this class with me?!  The prep school came and trick-or-treated in our classes today which was pretty cute.
Thursday was just a long day with a 5pm tutoring session.
Friday was a busy day with no breaks.  We had class from 8-12, then 1-3pm and I had a lunch meeting at 12pm.  This weekend  will consist of lots of studying because we we have hell week coming up.  Next week we have Anatomy on Thursday and Friday, then the following week Physio Monday and Immuno Tuesday.  I can't wait for this round of exams to be over!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...