Midsemester break

This past weekend was Midsemester break (half way done with 2nd semester!)  On Saturday, I watched the disappointing VT vs Clemson game, did some work, and then didn't feel well, so went to bed.  On Sunday, I did some more work, watched some movies, and cleaned.  I never experienced a rotten watermelon until I went to cut the one I bought from the store and liquid was coming from it.  It was the worst smelling thing I ever!.  I had to burn a candle to attempt to get the smell out of the kitchen.  Monday, there was no internet all morning until about 3pm, so it was forced study time.  Alex and I then went to the beach for a few hours and then grabbed some dinner at Bobsy's Wings.

Tuesday I started putting together some of the parasite we are learning.  Apparently, the "mosquito" that tore my legs up in Nevis are actually flies called Biting Midges....gross.

 Also, this might be TMI, but I thought I had food poisoning this past weekend, but turns out that maybe I have Giardia...even grosser.
Also, we booked our Africa trip tickets!  Yay, it's official!

Nothing too exciting on Wednesday, just a VBMA meeting at lunch.  I did think about going home because I got really nauseous in some of my classes, but it passed.
Friday is Island Idol, but it will depend on if I'm feeling better if I go.   This weekend there are a bunch of Halloween parties, so hopefully I will feel better to go to one as well.  I will also be studying for Parasit on Wednesday, which is Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on another student's forum. Hope you don't mind, but I added it to my own blog roll: http://sunsandseaandschool.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I really like your list to the right of what to expect, what to bring, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...