Dominican Republic

Another check off the passport, map, country list, and my 30 before 30 list! See how productive it is to travel! Traveling is like flirting with life. It's saying 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station." I can't think of anything that excites greater childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can't read anything, you have only the most rudimentary sense of how things work, you can't reliably cross a street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.  So let's not travel to tick things off lists or collect half hearted semi treasures to be placed in dusty drawers in empty rooms. Rather, we'll travel to find grounds and rooftops and tiny hidden parks where we'll sit and dismiss the passing time, spun in the city's web 'til we've surrendered, content to be spent and consumed. I need to feel a place when I'm in it. I think I just need to skip to the part in my life where I travel the world.

Dominican Republic Souvenirs: Faceless doll, Mamajuana rum, cigar, and Larimar stone earrings 

I had a relaxing rest of my week, complete with little errands and projects that I haven't had the time to do yet since I was studying.  I will be traveling this weekend and then back to Baton Rouge to start my next rotation of radiology.  I'm not ready for my vacation to end yet :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...