So Much To Do

This past Saturday was the PAWS adoption event where one dog and sadly no cats found a home.  I  then went to the lab and went to Kelli's to "study" but it ended up being talk and pool time.   It was my friend's bachelorette party back home that I missed :(  I cannot wait for the beautiful wedding though!  So sweet to include me in the pictures!  Love you!

On Sunday, there were TA and tutor sessions.  It poured around 3am that it actually woke me up and some of my stuff was getting wet.  It was the first thunderstorm here...welcome to hurricane season.  My roommate was actually outside at the music festival that came here as it rained.  I made homemade meatballs, sauce, and pickles that night!  The grandma's would be so proud!


On Tuesday, we had a "pop" Anatomy quiz; they told us last week that it would be today.  At lunch, there was a speaker for the VMBA certification, so one more speaker and I will be done!  I have thought more about traveling over my break, so I might be visiting Puerto Rico for a few days!
Happy Fourth of July, we had a Physio test!  We had an earthquake around 5:30pm, which is very unusual for St. Kitts.  It actually happened in Angullia (60 miles away), but we were able to feel it here.  No "live" fireworks no me this year though :(  I heard them, but wasn't able to see any.  Alex and I did watch the Macy's Fourth of July special though, so I at least got to see some sort of fireworks.  I also found out one of my good friends got engaged! Congratulations Kellen!
On Thursday, I didn't have any classes until 1pm, so it was anatomy time. That night, I talked to African Conservation Experience (ACE)  about more details about the volunteer trip.  I'm so excited to be going to Africa in April 2013!  This is the opportunity of a lifetime and something I've been wanting to do for the longest time! I cannot believe it is actually going to come true!   Pinch me I know I'm dreaming...
Today (Friday) we have our second Anatomy exam and tonight I'm going to dinner at Rock Lobster for Sam's birthday.   Hopefully there will be some much needed relaxation time! We are going to try to arrange a BBQ at Liz's pool on Saturday during the day for a delayed Fourth of July celebration.  There is another dinner at Bombay, that night, this time for Ernie's birthday.
I will probably start studying nutrition on Sunday for our test on Wednesday.  I also start dog walking next week, but more about that next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...