Grain Free Diet Fad

It's rare that your dog may have an actual grain allergy, most dogs are allergic to proteins. Unless you've been told by your vet to by grain-free food, DON'T. Now that the fad-diet has become increasingly popular, more and more studies are being published about the benefits and harms of the diet. Heart disease has become the number one side effect of using grain-free diets. It's because of a deficiency of one of the ingredients, called taurine that helps with a healthy functioning heart. I've written several posts about nutrition and food, and like I've said before, do your research with any pet food that you are buying your dog. Hill's, Purina, and Royal Canin rarely have food related health problems and are properly formulated for your pet. Royal Canin even has specific breed diets so it takes all the guess work out for you!


This past weekend involved a get away to the Music City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...