Wedding

Amazing weekend back in Chicago!  I flew in around 10pm on Thursday night, so I was exhausted from the whole day of traveling.  On Friday, I was able to have breakfast with Brittany and catch up!

 Friday night was the rehearsal dinner followed by the rehearsal.  Then Saturday, my longest friend tied the knot and I couldn't be happier for her! It started with early hair and makeup appointments at 6am.  Then we had to be at the church at 8:30 for the ceremony to start at 9:30am.  After the ceremony it was picture time, followed by the reception.  Everything was incredibly beautiful.  Here's a little sneak peak:  (Will post professional pictures when available)








After the reception, a group of us went to The Dam Bar (great name) for a few more pictures, and well drinks of course.  Here's my favorite of my crazy family:


After the bar, we were a little hungry and grabbed some food, where else but Garibaldi's (be jealous Julia).  Yes, I went to a pizza place in my bridesmaid dress!



Sunday, we arrived at the airport bright and early.  I kept my hair in the updo from the day before, but little did I know that bobby pins (64 total) set the security thing off.  So, I had to get patted down, lol.  However, I was pleasantly surprised that both of my flights were first class tickets!  I had no idea!  So I definitely lived it up in my roomy seat and enjoyed breakfast and lunch on the plane. (Can't get picture to load right side up)


On Monday, Dr. St Jean battled Dr. Johnson at lunch with theriogenology tools!  To funny...only at Ross! Check out the video on my Facebook wall, it's too big to post here.




 Monday night Taylor made me dinner and we ended up watching Magic Mike, which was sadly a disappointment!  The dancing was fun, but it only lasted like 5 mins!
On Wednesday, there was another VBMA meeting, so I am pretty much officially done!  One of the classes I'm taking counts toward one of the certificate points, so all I have to do is wait for that class to end! lol
Then on Thursday, I ran to town to run some errands during our class break.
Friday is the Olympic opening ceremony, so I'm having people over to have some dinner and watch it.  The rest of the weekend, I will probably just be studying and maybe hang out at a pool or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...