Truly On An Island Now

This past weekend:
Friday: Birthday dinner for Sam followed by dancing
Saturday: A few of us had a cookout at the pool followed by a birthday dinner for Ernie, followed by midnight dip in the pool at Marriott (some with their clothes on)
Sunday: Ta sessions, cleaning, dog walking, dinner at Kelli's


So I started dog walking this week.  Basically, every 1st semester is assigned a week and a kennel dog or two to walk during that week. We have to walk them in the morning around 6am, then in the evening around 4:30pm.  I was actually suppose to do it next week, but since I'm going back to the States, I was able to switch it around for this week. I got assigned to Sheldon.

On Wednesday we had our Nutrition test which I did not feel prepared for, but still ended up doing did well.  That night a friend asked me to go with her to a VIP dinner with the New Zealand cricket team which was pretty fun, but it ended up being a later night that I wanted.
Thursday during our break, I actually went home to take a nap because I was so exhausted from lack of sleep the night before.



We have been out of internet at our apartment since Monday evening and it's not fun.  It's crazy how dependent we get on the internet here.  We can't really study either because our notes are online and we can't print because the printers on campus are down.  Plus, it's been pouring rain nearly every single day here.  I'm really living the island life now!

Friday, a group of us are thinking about going out dancing.  Saturday, another group of us are getting our nails done and I'll be getting ready for wedding next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...