Kicked Out

We definitely had a crazy weekend!  Last Friday night, we had a BBQ and then ended up coming back to my room for drinks and games.  Saturday we spent the day at the Marriott.  We were sitting outside by the pool and were told we couldn't sit in the chairs, so we went over to the beach.  We were told to come back for happy hour at the main pool, so we went back and then the same security guard came up to us again and told us that since we weren't staying at the resort, we had to leave and he was going to call the cops.  We then went to the front desk and talked to management because of the way the security guard was treating us.  They then treated us a lot better and told the security guard to back off.  It definitely made for an interesting day.  We then went to hang out at one of the girl's houses for dinner, drinks, and games!  Sunday we had a pot luck brunch that everyone brought food to share.


I then went to two tutor sessions just to make sure I'm ready for the upcoming tests.  Later that afternoon Kelli and I had our surfing lesson from our future professors, which was a lot of fun.  We didn't try standing up, but we were sitting and catching a few waves just laying down and apparently that was more than both of the guys did the first time.  Both of us got hit in the head with our boards while trying not to get hit by a wave, so we were at little sore the next day.  We then went out to dinner and dancing and I think I had the best time I've had since I've been down here.  It's always the spontaneous moments that make for the best memories.


At some point on Sunday I got eaten up by mosquitos or sand fleas and ended up waking up Monday covered in bites and itching like crazy.

Monday,  was a lazy day other than working on our group project for the next day and then Kelli and I just watched movies all afternoon.
The rest of the week was business as usual; Workouts, class, studying, with some reading of second and third Hunger Game books.
Friday and weekend will consist of nothing but studying for our tests on Monday.  Wish me luck because I feel like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...