Third round of tests....2 more to go

Monday we had our third round of tests, which were definitely more of a struggle then the previous exams have been.  However, I still managed to pull of an A in Micro, B in Physio (his hardest test yet), A in Vet Terms, and we will not find out about Pharm/Math until next week because our teacher is out of the country.  I made some dinner (chili and pasta salad) for the girls Monday night, including lots of drinks! Yay...we definitely needed it.
On Tuesday I started filling out my taxes....thanks mom and dad for sending them to me (sarcasm).  I also started getting together everything for my parents to take back when they come.  We also got our assignment for Applications...class is officially over, we just have presentations of our cases to do.  We also got our new groups for Evidence Based Medicine, which happen to be the same groups as last time, so I have Friday mornings off still! Yay!  I also found some gnocchi on the island, so I made that for dinner and it was delicious!
On Wednesday I found out I cannot change my flight in order to go to the Zoe Jacks belly dance workshop in May :(  I guess I will just have to purchase of few of her DVDs to make up for it! My Ipod then decided to break today as well....grrr
On Thursday, we had a vet from MN come and talk to us about alternative medicine, such as acupuncture which was very interesting but sounds very complicating.  Alternative medicine is definitely something that a lot of pet owners have been looking into however, so it's definitely something for me to look into; maybe get a certification or two.  Alex then made us a dinner of Canoas de Amarillos,  which are cooked bananas stuffed with ground beef, onions, peppers, garlic, and other spices.  You can also stuff them with rice.  They were delicious and something that I will definitely have to try making.
Mom and Dad are coming this weekend and it couldn't have been better timed!  I have been getting homesick and I'm very much in need of a mentally relaxing weekend.  Too bad they can't bring my puppy with them :(  So Friday they want to meet everyone here, so we are all going out to dinner.  Saturday we are looking at a car; hopefully this one will work out.  Sunday we are going to church and the Ottley's Plantation for dinner.  Hopefully the rest of the time I will be pampered by the parents at the Marriott!  32 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...