Parents visit

So this past weekend my parents came to visit (see Mom I told you I would talk about you).  On Friday I took them to one of my favorite places to eat here and they were able to meet a bunch of the people I have been hanging out with.



 On Saturday, we went to look at a car that another student was selling, and I now have a car to drive!  Of course, it's white...thanks dad for helping! I couldn't do it without you!

The rest of Saturday we spent at Reggae beach, where I introduced them to Reggae Colidas.  We then went back to the Marriott for happy hour St. Patrick drink specials and checked out an Italian restaurant I've been wanting to go to.  Sunday we went to church....two pleasant hours later....we had brunch at Ottley's Plantation.  We then were able to go look at the apartment that I will be living in, so my parents could see it and Alex and I could again get an idea of what we will need to bring with us.  Sunday night we spent another happy hour at the Marriott bar and later had some sushi for dinner.


 They then had to leave Monday, so we ran to port and did some grocery shopping.  I think I'm basically set for the next two semesters with the five boxes of cereal that mom brought for me.  However later that day I found out some very overwhelming news, so please keep a friend and her family in your prayers.
We found out our math/pharm test grades on Tuesday.  I got a 104% on it!  For dinner I made an amazing chicken pesto which I had been craving (thanks for the pesto mom)!
Thursday I went to the post office to pick up two packages full of nothing but cookies (homemade and girl scout...thanks Grandma and Laura!  As part of the Josh Project fund raiser a few weeks ago, each semester picked a teachers to dress up as something that the students chose.  Whichever semester won, that teacher had to dress up today.  My Physio teacher ended up winning: Reich as Ace Ventura

We plan on laying out at the beach on Saturday and probably going out that night.  Sunday, we are all having a pot-luck brunch outside and then I was invited to take some surfing lessons with one of the teachers (Thanks Boruta!) here who I know through a coworker back home.  Then I will also probably go to some of the tutor sessions for the upcoming tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...