Routine

I'm still trying to develop my routine for the semester, but it's been harder then normal.
I had my surgery exam on Monday, belly dance that night, and then I went out to meet some of the people in my new semester.
I've been trying to catch a pregnant cat that comes around our apartment complex.  She's really sweet but won't let you touch her stomach and isn't thrilled when you pick her up.  I've also still be trying to fix my side mirror which hopefully will be dealt with really soon.

Apparently the gas station by my place was blasting music on Thursday night, so this was what I got to listen to all night while attempting to study:


My semester is putting on a faculty auction on Saturday, where you can bid for various activities with different professors.  For example: Dinner with Dr Illanes and Fuentealba; Paddleboarding and dinner with Dr Read and Dr Hall; Scuba and Spear fishing with Dr Little; Salsa night with Dr Ebner, Dr Koster, Dr Aruaz, Dr Knight, Dr Huck, Dr Sithole, and Dr Bolfa, Beach walk and dinner with Dr Roberson; Extreme ironing with Dr Knight; Snokeling and fishing excursion with Dr. Betance; Game night with Dr French and Patty Lebow; Wine party with Dr Pereira and Dr Scorpio.

I have a nice long weekend because I have no class Mon - Wed next week.

An insightful friend posted this the other day and I wanted to share it because I really enjoy and am inspired by his words:

"Our grand adventures, be it clean or dirty – are the ones which are derived from the constant ability to always thirst for our greater meaning. We lift ourselves up. We bring ourselves down. We face torment and ridicule. Judgment and misconception. We make mistakes, own them and wish for greater lessons. Then – we stumble across the centrifuge of notions that dignify who can be as an individual. Do we love? Do we pray? Do live? Do we think we are, but really aren’t? Do we chase? Or do we stand still and choose to turn around for another direction. Is it wrong to NOT live in reality? Or is it right to continue to stay in it and wish well for others? Along the way, something grabs us. Takes hold and if all beauty has it, will never let us go. Our most endearing pride – is our smile and our laughter. Finding a way to both. And keeping it close and warm in our longing to breathe. I smile on virtue. I laugh on life’s spontaneity. And I love a long distant road into nowhere. So I can lay down, with what means most to me. So I can do just that. CAPTURE IT ALL. I am blessed. Thankful. So much, that it almost hurts to even imagine anything else."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...