Thanksgiving

This weekend was just spent studying and cleaning for the parents :)

Amber's birthday dinner


Monday: I cleaned the aviary and gave the lecture that morning.  There was a VBMA lecture from 5-7pm that evening with food provided.
Tuesday: Our schedule continues to be crazy with Clinpath from 9-11am.  I helped work the AAV wing bake sale at lunch.
Wednesday:  I had a meeting about putting together a poster board for the research symposium in January.   We are officially done with Pharm today, which worked out well, because I was able to pick up my family from the airport. Rituals sushi that night...even though in the back of my mind I was thinking about the seafood hygiene lecture we just had....
Thursday: We had Clinpath again from 9-11am, followed by MOD.  I then took the family to Mrs. Moore's for lunch for some yummy Johnny cakes.  We then went to Ottley's for Thanksgiving dinner and to see the Hunger Games.
Friday: I had class until 2pm and then I took everyone out to volleyball and Lobsterfest. Yum!

THIS WEEK I AM THANKFUL FOR: My mental and emotional strength.  Being in school here tests everything about yourself that you thought you knew.  Having that strength has helped me not completely break, but learn and grow from the experiences.  I never thought I would question so much about myself than I have here and I am thankful that I am still am to push myself and rise above.

This weekend, we are taking a daytrip to Nevis and then Marriott brunch on Sunday morning.  After I drop my family off at the airport, I had to cram for my path lab final on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...