Mr Ross

Saturday was an extremely busy day starting with chicken research at 7am until 9am, then adoption day from 9am until 1pm (we found homes for 4 dogs and 6 cats!), then I had to go back to help count lice at 1:45pm and again at 3:45.  I cleaned my car in between the two counting lice times.  Then came home to get dressed for Mr Ross that night.  Usually 7th semester wins Mr Ross, but my semester (Pink) won this time!  Opening Act



Up early again on Sunday for more lice counting on the chickens, but I did get a long nap in afterwards.  I did a few things around the apartment and then it was off to Shipwreck!

So as one research project ends, another one begins.  The whipworm research that I was doing last semester is being continued into this semester, so we had a meeting at lunch about what else needs to be done this semester.  That evening, I brought another cat into the PAWS program, so I went to pick him up and give him to the new foster.  As part of our Epi class, we had to do a few online quizzes for the Initial Accreditation Training certification (for USDA) and I finished that.

I had to weigh some spray bottles for the chicken research Tuesday morning.  There was also the first scuba club meeting that night.  Yay for some more dives! (if I'm somehow able to find the time).

On Wednesday we didn't start until 1pm, so I ran some errands in the morning and did some studying.
Kelli found this song, that totally describes St Kitts life outside of, you know, the whole school thing:
Kenny Chesney - When I See This Bar

I had my VTH shadowing this morning which was fun and made me miss working at a clinic.  We saw a dog with a degloving injury, two routine vaccine exams, and a dog who might have gotten into ant bites and whose face was all abscessed and sloughing.  The first surgery club meeting was at lunch and that night I had a friend's goodbye dinner at Bombay.

Today, I have my Canine Physical exam, which was pretty much just a review.  There is an avian club meeting at lunch and tonight I'm going out for another friend's goodbye dinner at Ritual's sushi.  I really do hate this time of the semester when people start leaving.  :(

This weekend is Beachfest (yay for showing off some more new swimsuits I bought over break and getting some sun) and of course studying because I already have a quiz and mini-blocks next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...