Rain Rain Go Away

We lost our first volleyball game on Friday, but we had so much fun doing it in the pouring rain!  On Saturday during Open House, a student came over to us to tell us that she found a kitten outside of the dorms and was keeping it in her dorm room.  PAWS of course, took it in, but luckily it already has a home.  The rest of the day I  helped a friend study for her Physiology exam (everyone knows how much we all love physio here).  A friend had her birthday dinner at Spice Mill, which was amazingly good food and drinks.  Then on Sunday, at PAWS Adoption Day, we adopted out one of our older dogs which was great!  No cats though :(  That night, there was a pot luck dinner at a friend's house.


I think it has rained every day this semester so far....welcome to hurricane season (again).
We gave our Necropsy presentation on Monday which I think went pretty well.  Unfortunately, that night, I went to make pancakes for my breakfast for the next day, and there were bugs.  It was a brand new box.   Then I went to check my breadcrumbs to double check, bugs. Half full container. I decided to check tea and sugar and flour. Bugs, bugs, bugs. The flour was a brand new package, I used it once. SO sick of this.
Tuesday there was a surgery club meeting about laser surgery at lunch that I went to.  I also stayed after class to study pathology and bacteriology with some friends.
On Wednesday, Pink semester (my semester) had our multicultural bake sale that went very well.  I am doing another research project and had a meeting for that at lunch.  I am doing a project on Trichuris spp in cats with Dr. Jennifer Ketzis (whom I did the chicken and lice research with), Dr. Mary Pieria, and Dr. Shell.  I had two tutor sessions that afternoon.
Thursday, I met with the pink fundraiser for our Woofstock event that we will be putting on over Midsemester break in order to raise money for our class.  It will basically be a big dog field day with competitions, bathes, and nail trims.  There was another tutor session that afternoon that I went to in order to prepare for my pathology exam on Monday. 
Alex and I ran to the bank and the store Friday morning before class.  After class, I studied with a few friends until the PAWS and SAFE meeting at 1pm.  Tonight will be an early night after volleyball so I can get some studying done.
This weekend will be full of tutor sessions and studying for Pathology on Monday and Bacteriology on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...