One Year/Wedding/Tropical Storm Rafael

 It's officially been one year since I've started my blog!  Happy one year anniversary!

Beautiful and fun wedding this past weekend!  All of the little details did not go unnoticed and were very clever.  Jacqui looked absolutely stunning and ridiculously happy, so I am incredibly happy for her and Ryan!  It was great seeing everyone again and thanks to mom for stocking me up with lots of chocolate and candy again!  I was sent home with two bags of chocolate and gummies from the wedding, chess cake, two bags of peanut butter M&Ms, one bag of Twizzlers bites, brownie mix, and one bag of nuts. (At least something in there was healthy)






As I was welcomed back to St. Kitts, tropical storm Rafael was hitting full force.  We actually almost didn't land because the pilot said he couldn't see the runway.  If he couldn't land, we would have to fuel up in San Juan, then fly back to Miami.  Apparently, that's what happened to a few of the people on the flight the day before.  We circled around a bit, then he tried again and was able to make it!  My phone ended up falling out of my pocket as I faced the wind and rain on the way to the custom's line. I asked everyone if they had seen it and retraced my steps.  As I was about to make it up to the custom's officer, one of the employees found it!  Whew....it was soaked with rain, but I dried it out and it worked again.  Unfortunately, when I got home, there was no internet and the water had just been turned back on, yet there was no pressure.  So, to answer that question: Yes, I live on a tropical island, no the weather is not perfect all of the time.

                                                         It's coming

Bridge is usually 5 ft up....that bridge is the only thing keeping those buses from going into the ocean

                                                       River in the road...



Red sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky in morning, sailor warning....so what does red sky in the afternoon mean?!?  Check out video too:  Red sky

                                                      Road to Marriott

                                    Shipwreck beach....not much of a beach anymore.....
 

Someone's view from apartment

                                Rock Lobster restaurant....yes that is the front porch on the roof....

                                                                Town


Try to see the different colors of the water....brown, light blue, then dark blue

See all the fun we are having here:  Rafael from campus              Island wide coverage 

Monday morning we were hoping for that phone call that classes were canceled, but nope we got a call saying that classes were as normal today. Around 12:30pm however, they decided to close campus for the rest of the day.  We missed an anatomy lecture, a physio lecture and a physio review.   Still rained on and off all day, on and off internet, no water from 3pm until the rest of the night, people got towed because of the flooded roundabouts, lights kept going on and off all day during classes, and now apparently there is another storm 5 days away....there goes our weekend.  Still haven't been able to go to the grocery store yet, so I'm living off all all my new junk food, Beefaroni and soup.  (Can't make anything because there is no water)
Tuesday morning, we were still out of water, but at least we had internet and electricity and I know I a lot of people still don't.  When we got home that night, we had a little bit of water, enough to do dishes, but not enough to shower with.  It's so hard not to want to curl up with sweatpants and a movie during this weather...maybe this weekend though.
Wednesday was the PHYSIO TEST!  A little more rain that afternoon and night and Alex and I finally ventured out to the grocery store to stock up!
Thursday - Anatomy palp quiz!  We also had some sunshine and probably way too much of it because it was hot!  I tried a new salad recipe tonight that was amazing!  It has broccoli, lettuce, roasted almonds and ramon, and onion.  I made the dressing as well.   I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow too!

Not much going on this weekend, although Midsemester break is on Monday, so we have a three day weekend.  I plan on catching up on my classes and trying to get ahead for the upcoming exams.  BORING I know, but maybe I will take a break and go to the beach for a few hours if the weather stays nice.  I haven't heard anything else about that other storm coming through, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...