Last full week of classes/Tropical Storm

This past weekend, we had a few people over for dinner and the Olympic ceremony.  I cooked way too much chicken parm, pasta, and salad, so I then had lunch for the next week! The power went out late Saturday afternoon, but nothing else exciting other than studying and relaxing.

Monday, a tropical storm decides to hit us at full force and it poured on and off all day.  I ended up getting soaked at one point and luckily I had my gym clothes to change into because my jeans weighed an extra 5 pounds from all the water.  I was not about to sit in a cold classroom for another two hours with soaking, cold, jeans on.  When we got back to our apartment, the water was off as well.  So, we weren't able to take showers or do dishes either.  It was just a gross day.

Tuesday was full of flash flood warnings and basically more pouring rain.
 Yes this is one of the streets.  No wonder they tell us not to park our cars here when it's raining.

Yay we actually had sun on Wednesday!  I also had my phone interview for the Bayer Student Rep, which hopefully went well.  I know there were four other people that had an interview.  We didn't have our Nutrition class today, but we did have a video for IVM that we had to watch for an hour and a half.  That night, I went out to dinner at Fisherman's Wharf and had the Mahi Mahi which was actually pretty good.
On Thursday, I ran by the store to stock up on water and canned foods just in case this storm coming stops our water.  That afternoon we had two hours of nutrition (yawn) and then I had a PAWS meeting to wrap up the semester.
Friday (today) is a surprise party at Shipwreck, but I will tell more later just in case someone reads who isn't suppose to know.  Hopefully this store will hold out for at least that, then again the weather channel is showing it might blow right by us.  Fingers crossed!  Then on Saturday I will be on campus to watch another IVM video and start studying for Vet Med Final and Anatomy quiz on Monday, as well as the rest of my finals.  16 more days!

My new T-shirts:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...