One Month Down, Only 43 To Go

I cannot believe I have already been on the island one month! Even with all of my down time and the days going so slow, the month has flew by (if that makes sense).  For the month of January, there were 10 power outages....4 of which happened in the same day.  There have already been 8 this month and it's only the first week of February!  They only last a minute or two since the school is on a generation, but I can't wait to move off campus though, where I will probably be studying via headlamp.....
Monday was our first set of tests, where we had 4 to take in 2 hours (about 30 mins each)! We don't have tests in Study Skills, Evidence Based Medicine, or Applications.  I was worried about all of them especially with everything I've been dealing with and I not being able to focus, but I ended up pulling off a B in Physio, A in Math, B in Micro and an A in Vet Terms.  That night there was a pizza social for the vetpreps and 1st semesters and of course a few of us celebrated with drinks as well.  On Tuesday, we had our second applications class since this class is every other week.  We actually got to work with a horse, sheep, and dogs.  Yay for hands-on and finally being able to touch an animal!  That night, since there wasn't much to study,  a group of us went to the movies to see Mission Impossible 4.  Believe it or not the small popcorn is actually small!  It's seriously about 7inches compared to the US 12 inches....crazy.  We had our first VOICE meeting on Wednesday.  It's basically a club to teach you to become more culturally aware and they will set up "classes" to teach you medical Spanish.  I;m hoping it will be very beneficial.  Two of our classes were canceled on Thursday, because we had a new dean coming. All of the semesters were to gather out front in our semester colors to welcome her.  White = vetprep, Orange = 1st, Red = 2nd, Purple = 3rd, Green = 4th, Black = 5th, Pink = 6th, and Blue = 7th.  The colors move up with you, so that's why vetprep will be blue next semester because the 7ths will be gone.


We also has our last class of self-defense today.  I'm glad I took the classes because if you mess with me,  I have learned to kick some serious ass and break a few things along the way. :)  Friday our physio class was canceled because Dr. Reich forgot about it....not a bad thing on a Friday! There is also a party at Club 1, the dance club here with beer pong, flip cup, and some other games that we will all probably check out.  Then this weekend, there is a closing BBQ for Elvis' place and all the money goes to support his family.  They are having raffles and t-shirts you can by there.  On Monday, we have two birthdays and the girls want to go to the Marriott for some sushi and drinks at the swim up bar!

Also, this month, in lieu of having free time, my birthday month, and an idea I got from Pinterest, I have decided to have a little fun and follow the February photo challenge.  I will post the pictures on Facebook under the album February Photo Challenge 2012.  So let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...