Birthday

Happy Birthday to me! I got to celebrate with 4 exams......and lots of drinks and dinner afterwards!  (Thanks again Chris for making my chicken parmigiana! It was delicious!)  I also got to Skype my parents to open some gifts.....yes they had gifts that they opened for me.  Very fun even though I might have been a little drunk....

                                        Classmates that celebrated with me

I had a very rough morning getting up on Tuesday.....oops too much wine!  So I skipped the gym, and barely made it through my 10am class.  I took a nap before the afternoon classes and did much better.  I treated myself to a massage as a birthday present and little relaxer after all the exams.  I didn't end up doing as well on the exams as I wanted to or as well as last time (C in Micro, C in Math (stupid multiple choice...not even the math part!), B in Physio, and A in Vet Terms), but fortunately/unfortunately these grades don't count toward my GPA yet.
Lent started this week and I think this has been the only Ash Wednesday that I haven't gotten ashes and I feel bad about it.  I don't even know if the churches here do ashes or what times or anything, so I'm sure God will understand.  I do have to figure out what I'm giving up though and try to remember no meat on Fridays!
Thursday consisted of a Caribbean cooking class that I signed up for at Nirvana restaurant.  This place has beautiful gardens that you are able to come pick fruit from at anytime. We learned how to cook pickled green banana salad, jerk pork, creole sauce, rice and peas, and banana bread pudding!




Friday I went to the post office for two more packages!  (Thanks Chrissy and Mom!)  Tonight we are planning on going out to Rock Lobster for some pitchers of Sangeria!  Then Saturday includes a trip to the mechanic for hopefully my new car, some much overdue beach time, and a birthday cruise aka booze cruise for personal trainer Wayne and me!

As a side note, I found out there is going to be a Zoe Jakes workshop in Charlotte in May on the day I leave to come back to St. Kitts!  I'm so upset...mom please change my flight! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...