Apartment Found!

My baby sister turned 21 on Monday!  I wish I could have been there to celebrate with her, but at least we were able to Skype so I could see her open her gifts.  Hope you enjoy mine J (even though I know you can't "play" with it until you get home!
Alex's (my future roommate) parents came into town so we were able to run some errands and look at apartments!  The housing list came out last Friday, so we spent the weekend discussing what we were looking for.  Originally there were going to be three of us, but unfortunately it didn't work out, so it's just Alex and me.  We ended up looking at three different places total (two of the places we looked at two apartments).  The first one we were definitely against; it was too far away from the school, didn't have the best furniture and we weren't thrilled with the location in general, so that one was completely off the list.  We had contacted several people to look at places, but only heard back from three, so we talked to off-campus housing and they assured us that we will find one out of those that contacted us. So on Monday, we were torn between two places and had to sleep on it.  The first place was newer, cheaper, included utilities and generally nicer, but it didn't have a generator, wasn't the most secure, and the dryer was on the outside of the building.  The second place we looked at was bigger, had a generator, is extremely secure, has a large Ross community, a washer and dryer in the individual apartment, but doesn't allow pets, didn't include all utilities, and it much more expensive.  In the end, as much as we tried to justify living at the newer nicer place, the second apartment just made more sense.  We are thrilled that we don't have to worry about an apartment though and we are still happy with the results (well maybe not the no pet part, but I was told we can talk to the landlord if we end up wanting one).  There are currently people living here, so here are some pictures and I will post more when we actually move in:




Tuesday was a busy day.  We were suppose to have a wrap up for our Evidence Based Medicine class, but the teachers got confused with the schedule, so it had to be rescheduled.  We were however given new groups and luckily I am on the same day with my class, so I still have Friday mornings free.  We then had Applications where we worked with the horse, sheep, and dogs again to make sure we understand what we went over last class.  After classes that day, a bunch of us all went out to see The Vow.  The theater was incredibly full and it's almost like you are paying for two shows.  One being the actual movie and the second being people watching.  The locals get very into the movies here and will shout their opinions of the movie and certain characters.  Needless to say, I didn't study at all this day....oops.
Wednesday was another long day where I was on campus from 10:30am until 9pm.  We had a VBMA speaker from 5:30-9 (it was suppose to last until 8:30).  It was a good topic, but just long.  Thursday was uneventful, but there was another VBMA speaker at lunch....only 4 more hours until my certification!
This weekend will consist of nothing but studying and review sessions....Fun!

In honor of tests coming up, I thought everyone might enjoy this because it's so true:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...