Apartment Hunting

Currently Reading: Don't You Cry and I Let You Go

New Hope For Blue Throated Macaw
The Death of The Circus

Veterinary Internship Exploitation
Veterinary Internships In The Media Crosshairs
I considered doing an internship for a short period. However, I've seen what the interns that I was in clinics with went through, I've heard the horror stories from my fellow graduates currently in internships, and like the article says "it's the equivalent of sweatshop labor."  I understand the want to further your degree and specialize, but if you find the right job you are able to do that without the mental, emotional, physical, and especially financial ($30,000 salary) exhaustion.  This is one of the reasons that veterinarians have the highest rates of depression and suicide.  To those who still decide to go through it, just know what you are in for and good luck. I personally need to have
that work/life balance especially since veterinary school took a toll on that as it was and I am slightly older than the average vet student.

Apartment Hunting Tips Everyone Should Know
This week has been filled with apartment shopping. I didn't realize I was so picky until I started looking at several different apartments.  I was in love with my Baton Rouge apartment at The District so of course, I'm trying to find something on that level. Then, when I do find a place I like, I look at the reviews, and they are awful....ugh so frustrating.

2 comments:

  1. I know that it may seem like a waste of time to still check out a place with a couple bad reviews. People sometimes leave negative, or outright horrible reviews because they got booted out, or because they weren't given their damage deposit back, sometimes they just clashed with management. If it's just a few bad ones, I'd still go in person.

    Ronnie Hogan @ SycamoreTerrace Temecula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Roonie! I did go and look at the apartment so in person and then read the reviews afterwards and unfortunately I agreed with the bad reviews based on the initial visit.

      Delete

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...