Equine Surgery Rotation

Back in LA and first stop was food of course!  One less food item (Muffaletta) off part of my 30 before 30 list!

For the next two weeks, I will be on my equine surgery rotation which means powerful, expensive creatures and 12 hour days. While on this rotation, we saw a mare with a laceration, a mare with a neck abscess (my patient) with a foal who had surgery for a patent urachus, chronic lameness which was very difficult to diagnosis what was causing the lameness, nasal discharge which turned out to be a tooth root abscess, which we removed, and a bilateral carpal arthroscopy (my patient).  The chronic lameness horse was the most frustrating because none of the diagnostic joint and nerve blocks that we performed seemed to help show us where the lameness was coming from.  The horse will have to have further diagnostic testing.

(I do actually do the second to last picture and lucky not the last yet)

Love this! It's so true! : The Husbandry And Feeding Of Veterinarians For New Owners



No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...