Sweet Home Chicago

Sweet Home Chicago


I do believe it's time for another adventure, this time for an externship back to my hometown, Chicago, at the Niles Animal Clinic and Bird Medical Center.


I have so far seen a wide variety of birds and other exotics including conures, amazons, budigees, lovebirds, macaws, sparrows, starlings, african greys, pigeon, cockatiels, cockatoos, guinea pigs, rabbits, a prairie dog.
I was able to see a guinea pig mass removal removal, a rabbit spay, as well as do a dog neuter and guinea pig closure after a necropsy.  I took home a baby bird, that came into the clinic, to feed overnight before the wildlife center could come and take care of it.  I cannot wait to see what the upcoming weeks have in store!

Disco the parakeet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...