Small Animal Emergency Rotation


Last Friday night fun:
Giant checkers
Giant Jenga

Pool day because I'm missing the island life: Things You Learn Living On An Island

First Snoball! Yum!

This week I started my emergency rotation where I work from 4:30pm to 12am every night, although a few nights ended around 3am.  I work again Sat and Sun from 8am - 5pm.

What has come in on emergency so far this week: UTI, puppy that was stepped on and suffered broken ribs, kitten that was attacked by dog, dog with pancreatitis, very agitated vomiting cat, puppy that was choking, dog that ate a peach seed, two neurologic dogs, dog with a large splenic mass, dog with a vaccine reaction, a 24 year old cat in kidney failure, dog who wasn't eating that ended up having a tumor near its stomach, puppy who ate chocolate, anemic dog, and even a dog who had a fish hook in its eye. And this is all just the first week!  I love being able to learn as I go and the excitement of not knowing what will come through the door.

How Not To Be A Dick At The Vet Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...