7th Semester

I have anxiously awaited the day when I could title this blog post 7th semester; it is finally here. Working hard becomes a habit, a serious kind of fun. You get self-satisfaction from pushing your self to the limit, knowing that all the effort is going to pay off.  It's finally paying off.  I didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm actually grateful for my struggle because without it I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength.  This is the year, especially the semester, to plan, to soar, to live in the moment, to embrace my values, to take chances, to create, to be thankful, to believe, to shine. This is going to be an excellent semester.
Life As A Vet Student


I received my schedule and I got all the rotations I was hoping for: Ambulatory, Advanced Clinics, Dentistry, Diagnostic Imaging, and Acupuncture.  It's exhilarating to see all of the clinical applications I will be involved with.  My schedule varies most days, so I'm really going to have to stay on top of what I'm doing.  Day by day.

On Monday, I was up early to get into the routine for some much needed gym time.  Then my classes consisted of Large Animal Medicine II, Surgery Lab Intro, Large Animal Surgery, and Special Species.  We had two lunch meeting, one for clinical selections (fingers crossed for LSU!), and the other an orientation for Intro To Clinics.  I spent the afternoon running around in town to renew my license, then stopped by the beach to mediate before starting on studying and placing my clinical choices!  By next Friday, I should know where I am going in the next 4 months for my clinical year!

 




Tuesday: It's only the second day and I'm already exhausted.  LAM II; Theriogenology (Repro); Surgery Lab II; Intro to Clinics DI quiz; Surgery Lab II orientation (Intro to surgeries and cystotomy/inverting suture patterns).  I wasn't out into 4pm, so when I went home I started studying.

Wednesday: LAM II; Theriogenology; Surgery Lab II; Special Species; town for bank and wheel tax where a fun over 10 min argument amongst the locals broke out about a man skipping the line.

Thursday: LAM II; Surgery Lab II; Large Animal Surgery.  Yay a nice short day, so time for a nap and to research some externship opportunities!  We have been receiving numerous emails a day about different schedules and protocols that we need to follow with surgeries and at the teaching hospital.

Friday - LAM II; Theriogenology; Surgery Lab II; Rabies titer; Clinics - Knot tying bovine.

Now is the time to start posting all of my items I will be selling, including my car!  It's getting real!  It's been a beautiful fight....still is.....3 1/2 months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...