The Rossie

Prom/luau on Saturday night:


I had my dreaded Rossie on Tuesday and I found out that night that I passed it with a perfect score!  It's so exciting and such a relief, so now I can just focus on these upcoming blocks!
  For those of you that don't know, the Rossie is a mock spay on a "sweatshirt" looking model.  For the Rossie exam, you have to maintain aspectic technique; pick out the correct surgical instruments you will need to use; clamp and ligate the "ovarian pedicle and above the cervix"; cut in the correct places; make sure you use the correct surgical knots and correct suture; close the "body wall" (hardest part because you need the correct spacing of suture); close the "subcutaneous tissue" with the correct pattern; close the "skin" with the pattern the instructor tells you; do all of this in under 40mins.

I have a bone lab on Friday where we get to play around with different fixation devices.  I have no plans to be an orthopedic surgeon.
I will be studying for the last set of blocks for the rest of the week and the weekend.
So excited to be home for break in one month!

Things You Didn't Know About Your Vet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...