Exhausted

Weekend:  "I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." - E.B. White
On Saturday, PAWS had a SUP rely race which was a huge hit.  Hopefully we will put together another one next semester.  There was a ton of other PAWs stuff that I had to deal with this weekend as well...almost done, almost done.  I then spent the rest of the weekend studying for my exams this week!

Monday: "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe
 I had one class and then EVS: suturing of the body wall. I ended up canceling belly dance to give myself more time to study.  That's ok though, because there is still four weeks of class, so I will finish our current dance and then do another drum solo.  I also registered for 6th semester!!

Tuesday: "It's not that I am so strong, it's that I refuse to be weak." -Unknown
ANS exam was today.  Exams here can be so frustrating because a lot of times I feel like I don't read the question right or I get something backwards in my head.  You can feel so confident coming out of the exam and then while looking up the questions you realize you got the answer backwards or something.  :Sigh:  I moved on to studying for SAM, and took a break that night to go out to dinner.

Wednesday: "I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say, because of you I didn't give up." -Unknown
We had our anesthesia exam review and I then took my friend to the hospital because she broke her tow two weeks ago and it hasn't been healing.  The hospital was an experience on it's own from waiting three hours for them to tell her it wasn't broken, the ants of the sterile sheets, the waiting room where we had to keep track of who was next, to the concession stands in the lobby.  Hopefully I will never have to go there for myself.  It was then back to studying for the rest of the night.

Thursday:  "A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."  -Coco Channel
There was a VBMA speaker at lunch, which means I have finished my Gold certification!  

Friday: "I am a girl.  I don't drink a lot, smoke, or party every weekend.  I don't sleep around or start drama to get attention.  Yes we do still exist." -Unknown
I have my SAM exam and a moonlight paddleboarding tour tonight!

This weekend:   Saturday is my last PAWS adoption day!  It's very bittersweet, but I will be grateful for the free time.  I did PAWS for 5 semesters, so it will definitely be strange not being involved.  There is a SAVMA leadership award ceremony/dinner that I got invited to for being an officer in two clubs.  Alex and I are hosting game night, which we've been wanting to have, so that should be fun.  Sunday, I will be lounging on the beach all day for some much needed relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...