Catching Up

Monday: "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come of it." - Benjamin Mee (We Bought A Zoo)
I planned on staying on campus all day to catch up on work, but I felt so sick after class that I went home and took a nap.  It was probably a combination of being overwhelemed for coming back, the rich American food, and jet lag (even though I wasn't actually tired).  I had my sheep anesthesia this afternoon, which couldn't have gone any smoother.  Only one person showed up to my dance class, so I canceled it so that I could catch up the rest of the night.

Tuesday: "Strength does not come from winning.  Your struggles develop your strengths.  When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is true strength" -Unknown
Today I had my SAM exam review, went to library to catch up on work, and then had some sushi for dinner.

Wednesday: "It never gets easier, you just get stronger." -Unknown
We had double DI and our physical exam review for our exam next week.  I ran to the store and tried to run to the bank but it was closed (.....at 2pm the bank was closed.....). then ran back home to....you guessed it....study for my DI quizzes on Thursday and Friday.

Thursday: "Don't be afraid to fail.  Be afraid not to try."- Unknown
I feel like I don't even know what day it is anymore, however in  3 weeks I will be home on break!  We had double DI again today, along with my DI makeup quiz from last week.  I talked to the anesthesia professors about shadowing for surgery/anesthesia at VTH, so I was able to do that today.

Friday: "After a while, I looked in the mirror and realized wow after all those hurts, scars and bruises, after all those trials I really made it through.  I did it. I survived that which was suppose to kill me. So I straightened my crown and walked away like a boss." -Unknown
We again have double DI and a DI quiz today.  I won't be going to volleyball tonight, so I can get a start on studying.  I will have no social life or sleep from now until the end of the semester.....oh vet school.

Weekend: "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy; I'm telling you it's going to be worth it" - Unknown
Surprise! I will be studying all weekend!  Sat night is the 7th semester (orange) banquet.  It's so crazy to think the people that I started this adventure with will be leaving the island at the end of this semester!  It's bittersweet because I will miss them but it also means I'm that much closer to leaving/graduating!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...