LSU Student Conference


This past weekend:
Adoption day where we only had one adoption, but two adoptions before Saturday for a total of three at adoptions (even though two were foster failures, we still love it!).  The kittens that I had all week were given to their new foster, so is already in love with them.
My first two open water dives for scuba! The first dive was at River Tar where we just swam around and saw a shipwreck and the other dive was at Harbor Reef where we practiced some skills. We were at a maximum of 40 feet for 40 minutes!
Then the rest of the weekend I spent studying.  Sadly, no St. Patrick's Day celebrations or green beer for me.  :(

Monday was my Physio exam which I was very worried about, but my all studying paid off!  I also meet with a research professor about chicken research.  I will explain more about it when I start getting into it. It's only next week and is time consuming.  I'm excited to be a part of it and gain more research though!  Alex and I then went to the beach to celebrate a late St Patty's day!

Tuesday, we had a two hour physio class.  I also finished packing for my trip to the LSU SAVMA student conference for the rest of the week!  The best part is my parents will be there too!
There was no physio class on Wednesday, so I ran a few errands before my trip. I had a flight to Miami, then New Orleans, then a one hour drive to Baton Rouge.  Yay to being state side!
Thursday there was an international breakfast where I met some great people.  I registered for the symposium and was able to gets tons of free stuff!  We walked around a little bit and hit up the mall!  That night, there was the opening ceremony and a tailgate at tiger stadium!   A few of us then went out afterward to explore the Baton Rouge night life!







Friday morning I went on the LSU vet school tour to see if I want to go there for clinics.  I was then able to attend a lecture on how to pick a good practice to work and lunch was provided.  I attended a bunch more lectures that afternoon.  That night was a crawfish boil and a band came and played.  We then went out to explore some more LSU night life!



Saturday I had more lectures in the morning about communication and finding the right job.  That afternoon I met Mike the tiger and had a alligator wetlab!  We were able to learn how to handle them, draw blood, intubate, and pass a gastric tube, then we did a necropsy on them afterwards.  Too fun! It was also the farewell/closing ceremony.  There was a great movitational and inspiring speaker Lance Fox and some awards were given out.  Ross' very own Dr. Stewart won the Community Outreach Award for her sea turtle project!









On Sunday, we drove back to New Orleans for our flight to Miami, then back to St. Kitts.  I, of course, had to bring back a little bit of America with me though.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...