Homesick

This past weekend, we won at volleyball!  Saturday was the flip cup/ beer pong tournament that we lost at in the first round.

 On Sunday, Jess and I took our friend Ali's dog to the beach while she was on campus.




We apparently had some whale visitors over the weekend.  I stole this video from a facebook friend.  Whale video

On Monday, I woke up with a sore throat.  I'm wondering if it's all the burning they have been doing around the island and leaving an awful smell in the air.  The air is so thick, it feels like it's hard to breathe as well.  There were Shish Kabobs on sale for lunch through the surgery club, so of course I had to buy one.  Yum!
Tuesday I did a little bit of studying, but mostly just watched belly dancing videos all day. I miss it! I love this video here.  This girl was on The Belly dance project and danced this song at a hafla in Charlotte with my instructor.  Considering I'm in the Caribbean, pretty sure I need to learn this belly dance and reggaeton combo.  Shaketon   A few of us also went out to Latin night for some dancing.  After watching belly dancing videos all day, I was definitely wanting to dance!
Wednesday, we had a PAWS meeting, but it wasn't very productive.  The burning has been continued all week to the point that we can't keep our windows open anymore and it's always at night when I want to relax.  I don't know if they are burning the landfill or the cane fields, but either way it cannot be good for our health here.
Thursday my heart and thoughts were back home with one of my best friends.  I love you and am here for you.
I wasn't able to go to volleyball on Friday because I had donkey research at the same time.  I found this on Facebook today and thought it was interesting because this is what we always look for on Fridays during volleyball!  Green Flash
This weekend, I have donkey research in the morning, maybe a hike, and two kittens to pick up for PAWS.


Stressed Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...