It Doesn't Stop

Well June 1st started the first day of hurricane season, and of course it couldn't go by unnoticed!  So, we experienced our first power outage at the apartment!  The generator kicked on after less than a minute, so I barely even had time to try to find my flashlight.  However, the generator was extremely loud and apparently right outside our window.  The electricity was only out for an hour, and with the internet being out as well, it was pretty much forced study time.  I spent most of my weekend in the anatomy lab, with a dinner break of sushi on Saturday and a small beach break on Sunday.
I found out that I have a new pet as well....an American Kestral!

OK well not really a pet, but there are two of them in our little neighborhood that hang out in our trees killing morning doves. LOL  They are the first set of raptors/falcons that I have actually seen down here.  I was told there are hummingbirds here too, but I have yet to see any.
Monday was the start of what I can feel will be a very long week.  I had an anatomy tutor session at lunch, then went to lab after class, and then physio review at 6pm. I also received an email about Bayer (the drug company) looking for a representative since the rep right now will be leaving, so I put my application in to replace him.  Wish me luck!  I also am putting in my application to be an orientation leader for the fall semester....wish me luck on that as well!  So much I want to do and so little time!
On Tuesday, we had a ethics lecture and a history taking lab for Intro to Vet Med until 4pm.  We saw some very disturbing videos in the ethics lecture that actually made me sick to my stomach......not eating meat for a while, just saying.
Wednesday I found out that Ross is starting a Wildlife Rehab donation and a Plover Monitoring Program that I really want to be a part of, so there was a meeting about it at lunch that I went to.  We then had our Physio exam (I did well, higher than the average) and to celebrate it being over, I studied for Anatomy....
Thursday:  We had a review day instead of Anatomy lab this morning and I didn't have micro lab today, so technically I didn't have to on campus until 1pm, but I was there at 8am, like always, to study, study, study-----to the point of delirium!
(You can't tell from the picture, but we are holding the bones completely wrong...upside down and not in the right spot (yes purposely)....and yes we are in the doorway to get a better breeze....like I said delirium.)

Friday was the first Anatomy exam!   Tonight I plan on heading the the pool with a margarita in my hand!  This weekend I'm going to the beach and again not opening any books until maybe Sunday when I will starting to study for Nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...