First round of exams over

I had a very relaxing weekend, including some studying and lots of cooking on Sunday!  I cooked ravioli for lunch/dinner, chicken for the week, and my own peanut butter protein bars (Thanks Pinterest....yum!)

On Monday, the Josh Project Coin project began.  Each semester will pick a teacher to dress up and if they have the most coins collected at the end of the week, then that semester's teacher dresses up.  Here's the list:

1st semester - Dr. Spencer as Britney Spears
2nd - Dr. Kibbel and Dr. Adams as the main characters from Up
3rd - Dr. Wang, Dr. Soto, Dr. Gyimah, Dr. Arauz, Dr. Bogdanovic (so far) as The Avengers
4th- Dr. Castillo as Princess Lelia
5th - Dr. Walker and Dr. Shokry as Batman and Robin
6th - Dr. Pope as Inspector Gadget
7th - Dr. St. Jean as Zorro
(The underlined are the teachers I know and have had in classes)

Our micro class was canceled on Tuesday, due to a flood in the men's bathroom near the classroom.  We will have to make that class up late on Thursday though.  There was a speaker that I went to that night that talked about infectious diseases of wildlife which was pretty interesting.
Nutrition exam was on Wednesday.  In in the typically Reich fashion, no matter how much you know the material, it's still a really hard test.  I ended up skipping a wildlife speaker that I really wanted to go to in order to get a few more minutes of studying in.  I am definitely still liking the block exams better than our schedule now.  I don't like having to wait until the usual class time to have the exam and then having class after the exam; it's hard to concentrate.  We finally got our grades back for Anatomy and let's just say there was a lot of drama from everyone about that.  I did really well, but sadly the class average was very low. 
Thursday was a VERY long day.  Instead of my usual break from 10-12pm, I had nutrition lab where we looked at body conditioning scoring the kennel dogs.  The same speaker from Tuesday spoke at lunch about motivating your health care team.  I was able to use her as points toward my VBMA certificate.  We then had our makeup micro class from 3-5pm.  I was exhausted, so I didn't end up going to the gym, but instead went home to studying.  It's probably a good thing I skipped the gym because I ended up pushing myself too hard on Monday and my knee has been bothering me since.
TGIF Ever'body!  Today at lunch that same speaker (Dr. Karen Shenoy) is talking about nutrition.  I volunteered to help count the coins for the Josh project tonight since I'm a member of the Ross chapter.  Cross your fingers that the firsties win!
This weekend, I plan on studying for the Micro test and Anatomy palpation quiz both of which are on Monday.  I feel the tests have been nonstop, but after Monday we will finally get a small break before they all start up again.
I know I haven't been good about keeping in touch, but bare with me! I will be able to talk once I figure out my phone situation and all these tests are over with and I get a small break!  I do have skype though, so feel free to message me there!

I can't believe I've already been on this island for 6 months. That means there have been 28 blog posts!  This experience is just flying by and I'm glad you are experiencing it with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...