Offically a Firstie!

Monday we took our finals that kicked all of our butts, but we are now officially done with vet prep! yay!  I packed up the rest of my room and moved some of my stuff into storage.  I also helped move Kelli into her new apartment.  We then all celebrated by going out to dinner at Rock Lobster with good food and free sangria!
Tuesday, I checked out of my room and got some last minute paperwork done with my car and some other little odds and ends that I needed to do before leaving the island.  We were suppose to get an email today if we passed vet prep or not, and sadly we ended up losing 4 people.  :(  I passed and I am now officially in vet school!  For those curious people, I got a Pass in EMB, Application, and Study Skills, A in Vet Term, B in Micro, B in Pharm, and B in Physio.
Then at 3pm I boarded a plane back to the States!  In Miami, Kelli and I grabbed margaritas and quesadillas with extra guacamole...yum, how I missed them all.   It was a very long day of traveling and mixed emotional, but I am glad to be back!
The rest of the week has been relaxing, but filled with lots of visiting and errand running.  I was able to see lots of friends and catch up! On the way to CLT, I was even able to catch up with Julia and grab lunch with her.
I made my way home and was finally able to have my reunion with my pup!  Check out our reunion video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100935485795823&set=vb.6205924&type=2&theater
Mom also had the house decorated complete with a monkey cake.




Many thanks to all my generous friends (especially Kristen and Alan, and Bethany) for spoiling the heck out of me and being so kind to let me stay with them, and drive me to NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...