Developing A Routine

So I'm started to develop a little more of a routine now that I've been here almost 3 weeks (crazy...time flies).  It was rained every day that I've been here, however the rain only lasts a few minutes at the longest. We did have a few gloomy days this week though.
This week I started working out with trainer Wayne.  I was seriously still sore from my Monday workout until Thursday.  He's really inexpensive so I figured I might as well take advantage of it.
I also started taking self-defense classes.  They are a three week series (Mondays and Thursday) and are completely free.  So far, they are good and pretty informative.  They are hands-on, so I'm able to get a real feel for everything.
I found a internet channel where, since I still have a lot of free time, I was able to catch up on some of my shows.  Yay Glee!  Apparently it doesn't work on every computer, but I haven't had any problems so far.
This week was also full of the first club meetings.  I ended up joining VMBA, SVECCS (We actually get to work in the ER here), and I'm still considering joining ZEW.  They have two trips offered, one to Belize and one to Africa, where we would get to work with large cats and other zoo animals.  It doesn't cost a lot and I've always wanted to work with zoo animals, so why not do it in Belize or Africa!?  I'm also considering joining the AVA (Avian Vet Association), but I don't know how much benefit I will be getting out of it.
There was a meeting about clinical placement for the last three semesters of school.  I learned which schools accept which students so I know what I need to work toward.  Go VT!.....or maybe NCSU....still need to think of a third school.   I've started making my list of places to go and things to eat for any visitors...hint hint!
This Saturday it's PAWS Adoption Day!  I'm tempted to go look at who needs a home, but I know I will be even more tempted to take one with me! Beachfest is also on Saturday, where everyone heads down to Reggae beach.  Then of course, studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...