Healthier New Year?

So the new year has begun and unfortantely we are still dealing with COVID, as I know we were all hoping it would be magically done by the end of last year. I know we were all hoping for a fresh start and to wipe the slate clean, but I have a feeling we will be dealing with the virus for the rest of this year as well. It is absoultely killing me that I can't travel anywhere. Yes, I have done a bunch of short local trips, but it's not the same feeling you get when you travel to experience a new culture/way of life. 

My thoughts on the vaccine:

In my county I was eligible as one of the first indivuidals that were able to get vaccinated. I had several coworkers get it their first vaccine with no issues. Others had severe reactions, including COVID symptoms and rashes. I decided NOT to get the COVID vaccine.  

-I have been exposed at least three times, that I know of, to COVID-19, and :knock on wood: I haven't had any symptoms, and my tests were negative. I'm always wearing my mask, washing my hands, and taking vitamins, so maybe that has helped in some way. 

-The vaccine was rushed to get produced and only has limited trials. 

-There are higher risk individuals that need it more than I do. 

-With a healthy immune system, your body should naturally fight off any bacteria and virus. Give your body a chance to do what it's suppose to do naturally. 

-Just be sure to do your research before introducing anything new to your body, whether it's backed by medical doctors or not. You are the only advocate for yourself. 

Work Update:

My clinic was closed down for a deep clean and quartatine period for the staff due to an outbreak. I did get tested, twice, to be safe and I was negative but still was exposed within the clinic. At least it's a forced destress/decompress/time off. So televet it was for the following two weeks. Televet can be a wonderful, but also frsutrating thing. 

Here are things that CAN be diagnosed over telemedicine:

    -Acute diarrhea (started in last 72 hours, still eating, no vomiting, good energy level)

    -Acute dry cough (started within the last 72 hours, still eating, good energy level, patient less than 7 year old, no history heart disease, normal breathing rate)

    -Behavioral Concerns

    -Chronic vomiting (morning only, bile)

    -Feline Acute Upper Respiratory Infection (started in last 72 hours, still eating, no vomiting, good energy level)

    -History of Ear/Eye Infections

    -Rechecks for refills of pain medications

    -Post-surgical rechecks/incision check

    -Skin Issues. Rashes, hotspots, licking

    -Preventative care (teeth care, weight control, diet questions, supplements questions)

    -Quality of life discussions as directed by their primary DVM


Here is what CANNOT be diagnosed/treated over televet:

    -Bleeding

    -New eye or ear infections

    -Vaccines

    -New masses to be tested

    -New clients or pets exams

    -Respiratory/breathing issues

    -Weight loss

Other Updates:

In more exciting news, we found out my sister is pregnant in November, and we found out that she's having a girl! I've already started spoiling my newest little niece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...