2020

Well, what is there left to say about this year that hasn’t already been said.  Fires, deaths, a global pandemic brings a “new normal”, school closings, lost jobs, cancelations, protests, Netflix binging,  an election, and bombings.  So much drama whether it was in the outside world or on TV. Many have said that this year could have been a never-ending movie. 

There were so many cancelations -weddings, vacations, travel plans, and my acupuncture certification. The thing I was probably most upset about was my acupuncture course being postponed until next year. 

There were still celebrations too however -new house, house projects, weddings, my Chinese herbal certification, and soon-to-be new family members.

 I was terrible about keeping up with this blog because let’s face it, I was incredibly busy and stressed at work, and I wasn’t able to decompress with travel or adventures like I normally do. 

2020 in Review

Partially the reason I’m writing again today is that I always like to reflect back on my year. I challenge you to reflect back and consider: 

What are you thankful for this year?

How did you fail and what did you learn?

 How did you succeed and what did you learn? 

What are you most disappointed by that you can change into the next year?

What was the best decision you made? What are you the most proud of?

What challenges did you overcome?

What did you enjoy the most?


Here is a quick look-back on my year: 

January - Officially moved into my new house!

February - My birthday month, and family came up to celebrate

March - The pandemic hit and most people were forced to stay home, but it was business as usual for us. 

April - Obtained my Certification of veterinary Chinese herbal medicine, and Edgar got sick with COVID

May- Started on some small house projects to keep busy and work started to become INSANELY busy. 

June - Went down to the family Lakehouse 

July- Went down to the family Lakehouse again

August - Visited Edgar’s family in Nashville, and sent his brother off to VaTech! Go Hokies! 

September- Winery hoping in Charlottesville. Fell in love with Glass House! 

October- More local winery hoping and started on remodeling the basement

November - The family came up to visit for Thanksgiving - this was the first time in 9 years that we haven’t been out of the country for Thanksgiving. Also found out I’m going to be an aunt in June! 

December - Road-tripped to Nashville again to celebrate Edgar’s cousins wedding. Also was able to celebrate the holidays at my house with my family, and able to decompress and destress from work. Broke ground to start work on my patio. 


As we go into the new year I encourage your to ask yourself a few questions:

What will you do to step out of your comfort zone?

What do you want to accomplish? 

What is your purpose for the next year?

What skills do you want to learn? What skills do you want to strengthen?

How will you take care of yourself?


So, cheers to the new year and here’s to hoping that 2021 allows us all something to look forward to and getting back to “normal”! Happy New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...