Small Animal Surgery Rotation

NY weekend:
As I was eating at a Mediterranean restaurant on the street, a unique looking individual ran by in cheekys and a floral grandma-looking nightie.  I overheard one of the other guests saying it was Elliot from Howard Stern.  I have no idea who that is, but I can now say that I saw a "celebrity" in New York.
Perfection 
SO much deliciousness

After thoroughly confusing a lot of people, I am currently back in Baton Rouge for my next rotation which is small animal surgery.......yikes.  I'm not a huge fan of surgery, especially orthropedics, but I will be on soft tissue surgery for two weeks and then orthropedics for two weeks.
The patients that I had this week were a Chihuahua with melanoma on her nose, a Shih Tzu that had mild irritation after a neuter, and a stent removal on Shih Tzu that had a bilateral rostal mandibulectomy.  The dog had a mandibulectomy because she had a mass growing on her gums.  Although the mass is commonly benign, it can be painful and disrupt the animal's eating.  Stents were placed in order to help support the lip.
The surgeries I saw this week were several mass removals, two cystomies, and a toe amputation.

I will be on call on Sunday and since I'm cursed that I've always gone in when I'm on call, we will see what exciting surgeries show up.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://petocart.com// is the best place on-line to buy petocart. From
    Aquatics to petocart.com

    ReplyDelete

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...