Darius Rucker Concert

This past Saturday was the grand opening of the marina at Christophe Harbour and so Darius Rucker came to perform for free!  With a backdrop of amazing million dollar yachts (yes one of them was Darius'), we did not feel like we were St Kitts anymore.  I was also able to sneak us into the VIP section (it pays to know people) so we had front row access to Darius and we might have even gotten serenaded (he made eye contact with us while singing) and touched his hand.  Such an exciting way to start off our weeks!




Another fun filled busy busy week started off with my Special Species exam, grand rounds presentation, and the start of equine SOAPing on Monday.  The St Kitts political election ended, so finally no more late night protests or fireworks.  Click on this link to follow the fun: SKNTimes

My exhausting week continued with our sheep skin incision surgery on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, this surgery did not go as smoothly as our last ones have. Our sheep's sedative didn't work, so it took us and the technicians five tries to place an IV catheter, I got light headed during the surgery (luckily was still able to continue), our sheep took an hour to wake up from anesthesia, and then his breathing was funny so we had to place nasal tubes to help him.  We were on campus until 6:30pm and I was in bed before 8pm.

Wednesday was a full morning of classes and my spay dog's physical exam.  My spay dog is an excited 8-10 month old island dog, who is very cute and sweet.  She only had a very minor things that needed to be looked at, so hopefully her surgery in three weeks will go effortlessly.

I'm so excited that Susie came down on Thursday and will be staying until Monday!  Best birthday present!

Happy 29th Birthday to me on Friday!  I will celebrate with bovine palpation, the beach, dinner, and drinks later.  This weekend is midsemester weekend!  So, more beach time with Susie, delicious dinners, and a cat trip on Sunday, all while still having to SOAP twice a day.


There is in all women, a wild and ancient gypsy who cries in anguish when we starch her flat.  There is a part of us that can never ever be happy until the gypsy can dance,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...