One month to go

We had a very successful adoption day with three dogs and three cats adopted!  I just hope we can keep that streak up next semester!  On Saturday night, a group of us went to see Despicable Me 2.


I registered for 4th semester on Monday!  So exciting!
FACT OF THE DAY: The most common cause of inappropriate urinating/defecating in cats is the dirty liter box and not because they are "mad at you". (Animal Behavior)

There was a talk at lunch about how to become a board certified surgeon.  I'm not really interested in being a surgeon, but I'm in the surgery club and there was free food.  What they served


FACT OF THE DAY: Foxes, coyotes, jackals, wolves, and certain rodents are the most suceptible animals to Rabies.  Dogs, sheep, goats, horses, and nonhuman primates are moderately susceptible.  Birds are not susceptibility due to their high body temperature. (Virology)

Wednesday was a busy day that started off with monsters invading the RUSVM Student Union! In support of the Josh project, blue semester (4th semester) won and had the teachers dressed as members of the Monster Mash crew. Mad Scientist, Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, Wolfman, and the Mummy.  In the picture below from left to right is Dr. Reich (my old physio teacher), Dr. Castillo, Dr. Lizzagiana (my current pharm teacher), Dr. Soto (my current bact teacher), and blue semester class rep Andrew in place of Dr. Verma.   Here's a video.





At lunch there was a avian talk from Dr. Thomas Tully from LSU where pizza was provided and he did another talk at 5pm about exotic case presentations where dinner was provided.  It was then back to studying!!
FACT OF THE DAY: The campus cats are getting braver by the day and enjoy playing with backpacks, stealing your food, and trying to catch fish in the indoor aquarium.





I had my Bact exam on Thursday and another avian talk at lunch.  I'm glad that was the last midterm of the semester because I'm feeling burnt out and I still have finals to study for.....:sigh:
 FACT OF THE DAY:  Picornaviridae is the virus that causes Foot and Mouth Disease, which actually has a very low (less than 5%) mortality.  It's a big deal because it causes such a large economic impact. (Virology)

TGIF!  I'm celebrating a friend's birthday by going on an afternoon dive with her, but I will probably be missing volleyball. 
FACT OF THE DAY: Puppies and German Shepherds are more susceptible to Ehrilichia canis. (Bacteriology)

This weekend will be spent  preparing for finals and relaxing at Palm Gardens pool all day Saturday.

1 comment:

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...