Break

It's so good to be home!  Yes, even though the weather is much cooler, I still wanted a break from the hot 80s!
My break was very busy with birthdays, visiting, shopping, and of course Christmas.  I had doctor, dentist, and passport health appointments to get ready for my Africa trip (three meds and two shots later, I'm ready!  I took the pup to the vet and got her all checked out.  She did have some elevated liver values, so she's got meds to take and then a recheck after I'm gone.  Both of my parents had birthdays, so we celebrated those with dinners and a show (This is the 60s).   I was able to have dinner with some of my favorites!  I missed you all!  I also went to a belly dance show featuring the girls I use to dance with!  Missed you all and you performed beautifully!

Before we left for Chicago, my sister, mom, and I all went and got our nails done.  So fun!

We then took the trip to Chicago, 13 hours, in the blizzard and everything, but hey we got our white Christmas.  In Chicago, I was able to visit Brittany and Jenna and all of my extended family like usual.  It was great seeing everyone, we had a great time and ate tons of food.  After we arrived back home, we had our "family Christmas" and had our traditional lasagna.









  Then for New Years I went out to eat with the group and then drove out to the lake house.  Not too many resolutions this year for the new year other than the usual, workout and eat better.  I can feel that it's going to be an interesting year though.


I'm not ready to go back to the island!  This break has been way too short!  I'm glad I was able to see so many friends in such a short period of time.  I will be back home again in August so I will see everyone then!

One more month for my photo challenge and then I will have successfully done it a full year!  Hmm now I will have to think about what else I can cross of my bucket list this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...