Work-Life Balance

Here's Who I Blame For The High Cost of Vet Care
Life In A Disrespected Profession
Why Employers Should Care About Team Member's Work-Life Balance
The definition of "work-life balance" is different for everyone, especially among the different generations. Creating an "a la carte" plan may be difficult and more time consuming, but it will dramatically help morale. A balanced team means non-toxic team members, less complaining, working the correct amount of hours and not overtime, team members that have outside hobbies, and basically an overall healthy and happy work environment.
This past week I felt the stress with the holiday coming up, my apartment's lease renewal complete with a rent increased, and little things at work. Those glasses of wine after work were welcomed more than usual. That's why I believe very strongly in a work-life balance. I work to live, not the other way around.
Tips for achieving a successful work-life balance:
- Make some sacrifices 
- Be fully present
- Unplug from your phone/computer/TV
-Have hobbies that make you happy
-Know when to let things go
-Don't be too proud to ask for help
-Take time for yourself
-Socialize outside of work 
-Aim to leave work on time
-Don't take your work home with you 
-Plan vacations and don't feel guilty for it
-Make time for family
-Make errands as efficient as possible
-Time management
-Be sure to eat full healthy meals and exercise
-Get enough sleep every night
-Learn to say no
-Make "me" time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...