La Hermosa Costa Rica


Hola de la hermosa Costa Rica!
Wanderlust has consumed me; foreign hearts and exotic minds compel me. I have a gypsy soul and a vibrant hope for the unknown.

For the first week before I have to actually start working, my parents decided to join me for a vacation in Costa Rica.  It has been on and off rain, but every view has been spectacular, the food exquisite, and wildlife lively. 

Day 1:
 We flew in San Jose, drove to La Fortuna where our hotel was at The Springs Resort and Spa, walked around resort, and had a traditional Costa Rican dinner. 

View from my bed
Costa Rica Casado
Hot springs at night

Day 2: 
We signed up for some tours including some hanging bridges where we saw a sloth, white faced monkeys, spider monkeys, poisonous dart frog, poisonous snakes and leafcutter ants.  Basically, all the main animals you should see when in Costa Rica.   
Sloth
Walking palms
Hanging bridges
Leaf-cutting ants
 Poisionous dart frog
Afterwards, we came back to the resort and went to Club Rio (a river on the resort) where we had a light lunch, walked around a wildlife sanctuary where we saw crocodiles, sloths, white faced and spider monkeys, tucans, cats, a paca, many more animals, and more hot springs.  We ventured into the hot springs, followed by drinks and dinner.
Local Imperial beer
 Tito ceviche
 Tucans
 Spider monkey making faces
Ocelot
Coatimundi
 View from the pool
Hot springs 
Rainbow Eucalyptus
Pura Vida 

Day 3: 
In the morning, before we had to leave we hung out again at the hot springs, fighting on and off rain drops.  When we arrived in Monteverde (the cloud forest) after a 3 hour drive, we went on a night walk at the Moneteverde wildife refuge where we saw vipers, a tarantula, and more leafcutter ants.  We stayed the night at the Monteverde Lodge and Gardens. 

Strangling ficus tree 
 Palm Viper snake
 Leafcutter ants 

Day 4:
In the morning, before we were off again, we took a Don Juan coffee, chocolate, and sugar cane tour followed by a butterfly garden, where we finally got to see the imfamous blue Morpho butterfly.  We then took the 4 hour drive to Manuel Antonio, where we stayed at our favorite hotel yet with an amazing view.

 Coffee fruit, not ripe yet 
 Coffee beans ready to be roasted
 Ox cart
Transparent butterfly
Morpho butterfly (apparently they are hard to take a picture of, so of course I just took a video instead)
Tarantula 
 Fun local fruit and ice cream mix
 Awesome view from our room
 Hey there little sloth

Coming up: We have plans to visit the Manuel Antonio National Park, venture into town, check out the beach and so much more! I've been fortunate enough to have wifi in most locations I've been going so I've been able to keep up with my pictures. Fingers crossed for continued luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...