Rain

Unfortunately, Mr Ross was canceled last Saturday due to the rain.  We were back stage about to go on when they called it.  Luckily, it was rescheduled for this Friday, so we will try this again!

I was afraid that our cat trip was going to be canceled as well since there were looming clouds that morning, but luckily the weather turned out to be ok and we had a great time.  It's crazy to think that cat trip might be one of my last ones.

This week it was catch up time with the little studying I did last week.
I had a cadavor lab on Wednesday where we practiced placing drains and suturing actual skin.  That night a few of us went to dinner at Sprats.
On Thursday, the 6th semesters were all invited to take the PAVE exam.  The PAVE is what the students here use to have to take before they were able to practice in the States.  They wanted us to take it as a practice for the NAVLE exam.  So we were in the exam center from 7:45 - 1:30pm.  I had to do a video of myself showing the proper technique to enter an isolation stall for LAM on Friday.

I was pleasantly surprised that I got paid for  the research work that I did last semester.  Unfortunately, I don't know how much research work I will be able to help with this semester though.  It was definitely a great opportunity and experience and I have Dr. Ketzis to thank for that.

This weekend is beachfest, if we hopefully don't get rained out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...