10 days!


So this last month has been crunch time!  I’m tying up all loose ends and making sure everything is ready for me to leave.  I finally received my blood work and health paperwork that I’ve been waiting on for the past two months, paid the first payment for school (this is officially happening, so no backing out now),  called my bank and credit card companies, bought everything that I need to bring with me, got everything together for my visa,  and bought everyone’s Christmas gifts.   School hasn't even started and I'm already broke because of Christmas and buying everything for school.   

Take note: Moving around the holidays is not a good idea!  Because of the holidays and the embargo overseas, I am only allowed two checked backs, one carry on, and one personal item.  Of course, if I want to pay $100 for each checked bag between 50 - 70lbs I can do so.....everything always costs money.  So I'm currently experiencing the effects of "being a girl" and having way too much to pack and not enough spaces to put it in.  I broke one of my suitcases trying to pack everything in it and had to go out and buy another.  I actually ended up buying two because the suitcase I bought could fit more than my current suitcases.  So, currently I am at 70lbs each for the suitcase, plus a very heavy carry-on and backpack.  I could have shipped some items down for an additional $200, but I was determined to fit everything I needed, since I’m already paying $200 for both checked bags being over 50lbs.  Wow....

I also received my first semester schedule: 



I think I can finally relax and enjoy the holidays until of course New Year’s Eve where I will be making sure everything is complete, so I can board the plane New Year’s Day.  I hope everyone has a relaxing holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balance

I have been complimented by coworkers on how I manage my work-life balance. It's extremely important in my field to understand and enfor...